Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Standing

Standing on the high cliff,
looking around, seeing and yet not seeing.
Wind is whipping around me pushing yet pulling.
Snow is falling, night is cold, still standing on the high cliff, looking around.
So far and yet so near
Knowing jagged rocks below can crush and maim
Knowing one step can make me fly and be free.
Though no one is there, someone is
Holding me back and holding me tight
Keeping me from stepping over the edge
To just be able to…
Stand on a high cliff, look around and really...see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this poem, I look forward to reading more! :oÞ

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I LOVE THIS POEM!!!!!!!!
U SHOULD POST IT ON POETRYFRIENDS.COM, IM SURE OTHERS WILL LIKE IT TO!!!!


-Clista

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home