Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Mommy Wars

This will be my major vent of the week.

I have nothing against stay at home moms. The people I have a problem with are the ones that demean working mothers.
I am sick and tired of women who look down their noses at me saying that I am a bad mother because I work. How dare you!
I go to my son's parent teacher's meetings, I actually arranged it so I get weekly updates from his teachers and meetings every six weeks.
I volunteer at the school giving my time and materials that are needed.

I am a single mom, who is going to take care of my kids if not me? If I stayed at home, I would be a welfare mom. Now we all know the country hates welfare moms!
So I work, and then get accused of taking more time off and being less productive.

I accrued over 360 hours of sick time in the 9 years I was act my job, I NEVER got written up for excessive latenesses and I took all of my 3 weeks of vacation each year.

Those of you who have the choice to stay at home....More power to you...But don't put me down for doing what I have to do to raise my children

5 Comments:

Blogger Annake said...

My mother was both stay at home mom and a working mother during my childhood. It was great having her at home but when my father was laid off from his job, necessity (as in we like to eat) dictated that she get a job. I'm with you, it's great if you are able to stay at home instead of working, but it just rude to look down your nose at someone who doesn't have that option.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

Thank you Ananke.

I am stilll reading messahe boards where both sides are putting each other down...sigh

11:00 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

Different things work for different people. Who is anyone else to judge the way it works for another person?

I'm a single parent who works part time. Now that my daughter is 7 I feel its time for me to look for something with more hours and more money. I hate saying 'No' to her because we simply can't afford every thing we'd like.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

Lilred, thanks for the tag!!

umm...I'll get right on that,.....err...quickly ;)


And yes there are pros and cons to being a working Mom and thank you for your kind works...

Tag huh? hmmmm.....

LaRa,

I can truly understand what you are going through, I work the second shift so that I have time with my children. I am with them when they wake up and get back for bed time... a late bed time but it's something. I also do fabulous vacations with them, we go to places they have never been...So I try.
Your little one knows you love her, that's the most important thing. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

I know what you mean Star!

Thanks for stopping by!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home