Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Saturday, September 08, 2007

What's on my mind

You would think i would stop to blog about something important. Like People taking swipes at Michele Obama and calling her unfit to be first lady or CNN using Ms. Instead of Mrs. When writing about her (supposedly continuing the racist myth that Black people don't marry.)

Or on sad entertainment news Pavarotti passing away or the Vanessa Hudgens pictures sans clothes. OK that last one wasn't important but I saw it on 4 news stations and E!.

No, I am here to share my thoughts on the great American past time that happens every year - Football Tryouts.

Tweedle wants to play football. Now, I know I have mentioned it before but I still can't get my head wrapped around that concept. Why is this so popular? I mean I have watched it on TV and even sort have watched it when I was a cheerleader in high school 5 million years ago.

I don't know if he's even good to be honest. I want him to play sports in order to truly understand the concept of teamwork, commitment, and hard work. He will need these in high school and beyond. But I don't want it to just be about winning. If the game is about winning, then what will you have learned?

Football is also a sacrifice on the parent's part a bit, I have to figure out how to get him to 9 am games every Saturday morning. Gotta love public transportation!

We'll see how this works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home