Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Saturday, October 20, 2007

So tell me something I didn't know already

AP has done a story saying it's harder living paycheck to paycheck:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071019/ap_on_bi_ge/stretching_paychecks

I figured most people would know this. But this issue hits hardest for the working poor. I have gone on and on about this, housing, food, everything costs more then even a year ago.

How do you save if your paycheck doesn't cover rent, food and basics?

How do you enjoy yourself, if you have to save for 3 months just to treat yourself to a birthday meal??

They keep saying the rich keep getting richer, the average wage increase in this country is 3% if you are a good employee. What's the rate of inflation?

It costs more to eat healthy then it does to pick up junk.

This is not just a poor person's lament, this is a Middle class crisis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home