Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Thursday, June 02, 2005

This month is full of News!

I just found out my son got accepted to a Charter Middle School. I am really excited about this as the school is small enough to really give individual attention. What impressed me most about the school is the fact that they have family counselors, and that these counselors meet weekly to make sure that every thing is going well with each student.

Also while there is discipline, there is no out of school suspensions. If the child behaves that badly, they are seperated, but stay in school to finish any work that needs to be done. Also they have after school care, and homework help.

They ask the parents to do 30 hours of community service a year and to attend the weekly meetings, so the whole family is involved in the child's education.

I think my son will do well there, even if he hates the idea of uniforms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home