Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Monday, May 02, 2005

This week will start a busy time

Work being work, we all have to spruce up on skills and do training, which I think makes perfect sense. Now because most of my area gets the opportunity do training at the same time, I get to look for ward to 9 to 12 hours a day , 6 days a week for the next month.

now let's look at this objectively....money, yes I will be paid overtime...
Will my son remember who I am after the month is up, probably.....but I will be known as the woman called mom who answers that cell phone and says "Everything ok? uh huh, how was school? uh huh... ok good, did you do your homework? umm hmmm uh huh ok and Mommy has to go right now, don't go outside without letting me know and no inviting people in and stop feeding your friends with my food. Love you hun, give you a kiss when i get in."

yeah I am a bad mommy *sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger Betty Steward said...

Having been in your spot, ( I was a single mom with four kids, and many times I worked two jobs so we could live in a 'nice' neighborhood, and have a few extras) I don't think you are a bad mom. You are just doing what needs to be done. But there were times when I felt as you do, I felt as if my mom was raising my kids, or as they got older that they would end up having parties, getting pregnant, doing drugs, or heavens only knows what else. But ya' know what? They turned out great, and learned to appreciate what it means to have to work for what you get. And best of all, they still knew who I was, and they still loved me. (Sorry, this is supposed to be a comment, not a commentary.)But I did manage to instill a strong work ethic in them all, and that seems to be an endangered species.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

Thank you so much for that!

heheh this morning my darling son, woke up at 6:45 am...and at 7:45 am hadn't done anything but watch TV! his bus leaves at 8 am...heheh

And about the commentary - Fell free to use as much space as you want :)

it's good to know that your kids appreciate all you've done for them. :)

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home