Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Distractions

I find that I can get easily distracted sometimes, a former boss of mine said I was very good in crisis situations because I can see things that sometimes other people miss. But he also said that it seems I live for such times, the crisis situations.

I had to think on that for a bit. Mainly because it galled me to think he was right.

Going over the last week at work, I have noticed that I point out stuff that gets neglected and start asking "Is this done? And Why not?" then off to the next set of things that catches my attention. Am I working? Well yeah I am, I am facilitating things so that more work get accomplished. What's the problem with this? The fact that it makes me look like I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off most days.
I have come to realize that this may make me seem unproductive, due to the fact that my work isn't tangible.

Consulting with my supervisor isn't tangible, is it working yes, but it doesn't produce results right then. Arranging to get help for my department isn't tangible, does it help? Yes, eventually.
It makes me seem very distractable. Add to all this that phone calls come in from all over and that just increases the distractions ten fold.

My former Boss did tell me that I have Adult ADD, which maybe true - but then again I have to consider the source for that one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you have Adult ADD, I think you think outside the box. My boyfriend says I do the same thing and he said it's because I think outside the box. I see things other people don't and that can be quite useful.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

Thank you for stopping by! and thanks for letting me know you don't think I have ADD :)

I am not to sure about the thinking outside of the box, I think in my case it might be thinking how to make sure the box is still a strong foundation for the ideas to stand on.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home