Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Looking back

I was going through some of my documents and found a few poems I wrote.

This one I have probably shared before, somewhere -
I recall all of the memories of the day that inspired it down to the smells around me, though cannot remember the date.

Bitter

Like bile coming up burning your throat
comes the realization that you have been deceived.

A perspective held, shattered
A truth found, glaring


Laughter, is what you finally hear
Because your ears have been forced open.
derision is what you mistook as friendship and fondness.

Easy pickings
naivete personified
Bald face lies revealed

The rose colored hue ripped away
To show the stark black and white
For what it truly is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home