Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

So I had a little scare

When I was pregnant with my now 11 yr old son, I had toxemia. In my 6th month of pregnancy, I was put on bedrest due to the swelling in my hands and feet. One night it was so bad that I actually saw my hand swell as I was talking on the phone.

Scary time for me, I was in hospital for 4 days before I was induced.

Having that little history lesson, it was no wonder that when my feet started to swell last weekend...I tried not to panic.

When my hand started to swell up a bit, it became harder not to panic. So I did what anyone would do...Called my Doctor to say I was worried. He told me that due to the heat some swelling is normal. And that if my symptoms got any worse, to head to the emergency room.

I tried to rest but my head was also hurting. Went to the grocery store, because my son eats non stop all day. At the store, the swelling got a bit worse and then I started needle like pains in my lower abdomen.

I took this as feeling worse and had my mom take me to the emergency room.

After waiting 40 minutes to get evaluated, I was called in to the nurse's office and had my blood pressure taken, which was very good. Not too high at all. Good news there at least.

Waited another hour to see a doctor, who ordered blood work.

5 vials of blood taken - 5 !

All that - 4 hours and 30 minutes later - and a call to my doctor. I was told everything was normal and to reduce my sodium intake.

Boy did I feel foolish.

But good news, they did a quick sonogram and I got to see the baby. And more importantly, we saw the heartbeating, which they said is a very a good sign.

so to sum this up, my fatigue is normal, the swelling is normal - need less sodium, and the sharp pains are normal due to baby growth.

In other news - the father's parents come home from overseas tomorrow. And he gets to tell them they will be grandparents again. We shall see how that goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ayannali said...

Ok I am working on how long it takes to load PROMISE!!

I am glad it was just me being paranoid as well.

And we shall see on Thirsday what his parents say :)

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home