Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Getting political for a sec

Why is it that when something is proposed for the country that is good and will help millions of people be self sufficient, someone has to tack on stupid provisions that will only benefit a select few that really don't need help?

What am I talking about?

The Federal minimum wage - it hasn't been raised in 9 years.

Tell me, who can live on 5.15 an hour??

I haven't made 5.15 an hour since I was 15 years old. How can they expect an adult to be able to survive on that?

In order to raise it the republicans want to add in provisions that state that they can ease the estate tax.
WHO CARES ABOUT ESTATE TAXES??

we want to raise the minimum wage so it's something that you can begin to, at least, live on, why is this a problem??

2 Comments:

Blogger eMMa said...

And I thought the New Zealand minimum wage was bad at $7-8/hour!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

This is exactly what I mean!!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home