Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Meetings

I am learning how to plan my day....
and I noticed that there are some days with....meetings...

planned meetings....meetings that don't happen....impromptu meetings
the all time favorite tounge lashing meeting (yeah I don't get those alot....really heheheh)

then there are the meetings that occur and require your attendance but they have no regard to your schedule.

Case in point...

I have a twice yearly meeting with my son's teachers and resource planners...
resource meaning reading help, occupational therapy for his hands, and psycologist time.

We have these meetings to discuss the plan of what we want him to accomplish and how well he's done meeting previous goals...
now...am I going to say My child is perfect and met every goal...no..because if he did then he wouldn't have needed help in the first place.

Back to the point, the meeting for the last two times it's been scheduled has been for 2:30 in the afternoon. My biggest problem with this (and the meeting coordinator) is the fact that I work afternoons...I work usually 12 - 8, sometimes 11 - 7 rarely 10 -6 and ultra rarely 9 - 5...a meeting at that time would force me to try to take a half day off work...at least....

the last time I had on in the after noon I had to take 5 hours off...
now my work schedule was made so I would have time in the morning to see Kyle off to school and have time to regain some semblence of sanity before work.
Also my cummute time on the bus is about a hour each way...if you take into account lat buses.

What is frustrating to me is that - these facts haven't changed in the whole time Kyle has been at the school. I work afternoons...if I worked 9 - 5 I would have to leave my house at 7 am and wouldn't get home till at least 6 to 6:30.... and I would be exhausted.

Luckily for me, Kyle's teacher and principal have changed the meeting and assure me that the next one will be in the morning - as has been requested all along...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home