Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Poem

I haven't written a poem in a while because I haven't felt that I had the words to express myself.

Looking back to one of the poetry sites I used to frequent, I saw a poem that I rewrote.

Called Love Changed.

The feeling of love had us soaring high above where nothing could touch us
No one could hurt or sever our connection
The cocoon that we created sustained us
hours upon hours, we spent oblivious to anyone

Slowly something seeped in,
a splinter of distrust peirced the cocoon
Then we fought more, screamed more
accused more and cried more

We said we forgave,
we worked to make things right
tried to hold on to what we thought we had.
we fooled ourselves saying it was better
but we had to realize that love changed.

To see that you moved on
to another who once called herself my friend,
The pain of parting was unbearable,
cutting deep and to the bone.

We said we would be there for each other
and remain in each others lives
but the pain of what had parted us
kept us from seeing any truth

Our love that we thought we had
has proven to be nothing but infatuation
and the pain that was caused by the heated words and callous fights
forever leave scars on a ever battered heart

4 Comments:

Blogger ilaiy said...

Nice one .. Keep it going


Nice blog ...

./thanks
ilaiy
====================================
http://ilaiy.blogspot.com
http://howiwishihad.blogspot.com/
====================================

9:32 PM  
Blogger WendyLove said...

ouch. beautiful words to describe the binding and battering of love.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

ilaiy - thank you very much for your comments :)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

Thank you rubyprincess,

This was originally written only a few months after a major break up.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home