Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Crazy weekend

I was so looking forward to Easter, I even bought an outfit and planned to do my hair. J had an outfit and so did the elder son.
I planned on getting alot of sleep on Saturday night, just to be ready for Sunday morning..

But it wasn't mean to be. J, who had gotten over a fever just a day before, now was running through diapers every half hour. My babysitter had a real worried look on her face. My poor baby looked miserable. He was very limp, even awake, listless...Just not himself. So I called the doctor who got back to me after 2 calls 40 minutes later. She said to go get pedialyte and different formula and it should be fine. I had reservations about this, so after really looking at J, I decided to go to the emergency room.

it was 10:30 pm when I got there.

At 2:30 am, we still had not been seen, but luckily J slept most of that time. When J was seen by the ER nurses and doctor, they gave him and iv and took his temp, also attempted to draw blood. This didn't work very well, the blood drawing, as J's veins were flat. He was extremely dehydrated.

J spent the next 3 nights in the hospital... Getting all his blood levels stable.

Tonight we are both home...Thank goodness

2 Comments:

Blogger eMMa said...

That must have been really scary!

I hope hes alright now. It frustrates me when doctors brush off the Mum's concerns. You know your baby best and know when hes not right, they should listen!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

Yes thank you, J is better now.

I am still a bit frustrated with the doctor, but I will discuss things at the appointment monday.

I may find a new doctor....

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home