Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina

I know alot of people have written about the situation going on in the gulf. It''s very sad to see so many people affected by one storm.

Millions without power, no drinkable water, no where to go.

I hear about the looting going on, and the killing and am saddened even more. I can't begin to imagine how it would be to have to survive something like that. Having to wake up on a roof and pray that someone will finally come and rescue them.

Of course, there are those here - well away from the disaster - who now realize that it will affect them as well. Higher gas prices have hit, rumored to be $3.00 a gallon in the Northeast. These were numbers that were only heard about in California and places west.
At first I thought to myself, I am glad I don't drive. Which was a purely selfish thought on my part.

back to being unselfish - or try to go back to that. I know there are places to donate money to a relief cause. I shall (once I get my paycheck) donate what I can, then see if my son's new school can try to think up fundraising ideas to help out. Even if it's collecting pennies for a week. At least it's something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the UK we have always had massivly high gas prices compared to the USA, currently about a £1 a litre thats about $1.80 ish,
and we are a large oil producing nation aswell, prehaps prices in the USA have been kept artifically low for political reasons and now market forces are getting too much.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

Maybe that is true, I didn't think of it that way.

Thanks for commenting :)

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home