Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Friday, September 16, 2005

Day before Vacation

It's been a busy week.

Have talked to my son's school and found out that the kids are doing a monetary donation for the Hurricane victims. The part I like is that the kids are organizing it on their own.
I proposed to my family advocate that one way to get the families involved was to have them do a fall cleaning. If all the people with children who are older don't have younger siblings or cousins that need hand me downs, gather all the older small clothing that their kids can't use and donate, this would be a good way to continue the relief effort.
I suggested that we could send them to the Salvation Army and have them especially earmarked for the children, serving those children who have not been reunited with their parents yet.

I am going to call to see how the parents meeting went one Wednesday night. I found out more then a few parents could not make a 6 pm meeting do to work obligations. I happened to be one of them. But I did volunteer time on the Tuesday calling parents to remind them of the meeting.

Also went to the doctors this week and got a clean bill of health. The baby is doing well and very active :) Now my doctor's appointments are 3 weeks apart. My blood pressure is creeping up a bit, but not enough to be alarming.

Have secured my ride to and from the airport. I have to be ready by 5:30 am - have to finish laundry and start packing. Can do once I get home tonight from work.

I got some emails from some people who I haven't heard from in more then a couple of months, it was good to hear from them :)

See ya on Thursday :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home