Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The only constant .....

The only constant in life is change. The sooner this is realized by people the sooner people can deal with it when it comes.

This was told to me years ago, when I was a teenager. Well probably earlier, but of course I wasn't listening.
Now I have come to a point where I have to listen and heed those words.

My life lately has been one big ball of change, from personal to work and everything in between.
What I thought was happening one way just a mere 6 months ago, is completely different today.

Take my situation with the baby.

I am due on the 29th of December from what my last ultrasound says. Six months ago, I was under the impression that my mother didn't want to have anything to do with the baby and wanted me to move out. Why did I think this? Because she said it, constantly for 2 months.
Then things changed when she had a set of seizures.
And I think some realities hit her, that she may need some help. So now, instead of me moving out, it will be us trying to find a place to buy.

This is good. Because truthfully, I was scared to leave her alone all the time. Now, she's not having seizures all the time and she can work and go about her business, but when the seizures hit, I like to know that I can be there for her. As much as she will let me.

And I have noticed that even though she and my son constantly are at each others throats, they would genuinely miss each other if they didn't see each other every day.

Which is kind of scary.

There are major changes going on at work, but actually for me, major changes at work seem to happen about....Every 6 to 8 months, so I would say we are right on schedule.

I can truly say that I am happy that the weather has finally decided to change. Eight days of rain is a bit ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home