Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I wake up to my TV being on - as normal

This is because my son is always up before me and has it on if he can't sleep.

What wonderful thing is on the TV for me to wake up to today? A cartoon? No....
a children's show of some sort? No....That would be too easy.

No I wake up to Scream. (not me scream - the movie Scream)

Joy!!

6:15 am - and I wake up to a bit of bloody humor.

So being the responsible parent I am....I turn on the news.

and promptly fell back to sleep.

At about 7 am I woke up for my morning show. One of the news stories I saw was about a Judge in Maryland who either mistakenly or not rescinded an order of protection that a woman wanted extended and 3 weeks later that woman was set on fire at her office by her husband and is in critical condition.

The news report went on to say that the judge expressed his sympathy, though the family is looking for some sort of disciplinary action.

I noticed the family also pointed out that the judge seemed very dismissive and uncaring about the woman's concerns. Though I cannot say through the few snippits of audio that was presented.

I am not sure how to react to this. On the surface, you could say that an uncaring judge was responsible for a woman having no protection against an abusive husband that she wanted/needed to be away from.

would you find something different if you dug deeper?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tao said...

Scream?
At 6am!
Yow!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

yeah! that's what I said LOL

Thanks for stopping by :)

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home