Ayannali Blog

Thoughts and ideas and poems and...whatever I chose

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Saturday, November 05, 2005

What's in a name?

I had decided what the baby's name is going to be, and then started thinking...What if the name doesn't truly suit his personality?

Name:


Zachary
Male
Hebrew
remembered by god

This is what I wanted for a first name. Am I Jewish? No, but just because it is Hebrew in origin doesn't mean it's a bad name...


Warren
Male
German
defender

This is what I wanted for a middle name.

So Zachary Warren - essentially means a defender who is remembered by god.

That's not so bad....Right?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it. I have always picked my babies names before they were born. I did give both my children names that they could shorten if they wanted (something I cant really do myself) I wish you luck with naming your baby and hope that all goes well.

1:46 AM  
Blogger genderist said...

I like it, too. My sister found out her name means "from the gray fortress", which isn't fun or exciting at all. We decided that henceforth all things named would have special meanings.

Cheers to you and baby!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

Dawn - Glad you like the name :)

My oldest name is soo short it doesn't get shortend much. But that combo of names is really growing on me :)

genderist - from the gray fortress... it's interesting... and a good romance book title I think ;)

I loved looking up meanings of names. My sister's name means "peaceful one"


That was SUCH a misnomer.

Thank you both for stopping by and thank you for your well wishes

8:15 AM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

I like Zachary Warren, too. We tried to find names that had meaning for us, too, but we tried to stay away from names that could be shortened. Just a personal preference, I guess.

7:33 AM  
Blogger eMMa said...

I like the names too!

When I was pregnant I decided that if it was a girl her name would be either Nicole or Grace because I liked them both, and then Vera as a second name for my mother who died when I was 19. Even though I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, I never really settled on a boys name!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Ayannali said...

Dirty Butter -

I understand about not liking names that can be shortend. My name is one that got messed up so much that...well, I chose carefully now...

LaRa -

I never really settled on girls names....but then again, I waited until I knew it was a boy....so I kinda cheated! hehe

:)

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home